I make this at least 2-3 times a week for breakfast these days, especially when I know I need to rush out the do in the morning. It is easily prepared the night before so all you need to do is combine and eat.
- 1 tablespoons chia seeds (Black or white)
- 1/2 cup of organic almond milk or organic soy milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean extract
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup (no need to add this if you add granola which is sweet enough)
- 1/2 cup of home-made granola (refer to recipe in blog)
- 1/2 cup of organic frozen blueberries (and organic berries will be fine)
- The night before place 1 tablespoon of chia seeds in a small container or ramekin with maple syrup and vanilla bean extract. Cover container with cling wrap or a lid. Place frozen blueberries in a contain in fridge to defrost.
- In morning, simply add granola and blueberries and enjoy this nutritious healthy breakfast high in protein and omega 3’s.
Stay curious. Stay healthy. Share.