Today’s lunch is a mix of left overs that we had during the week. I often make meals where I know the leftovers can be used for lunches or for a quick meal. The leftovers in my fridge today are brown rice, roasted beetroot and sweet potato. I also have lots of vegetables still in the fridge.
So here is what I created.
- 1/2 broccoli head
- 1 cup of roasted beetroot
- 1 cup of roasted sweet potato
- 1/2-1 cup of cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 1 handful of pepita seeds
- 10 almonds
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (organic)
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup (optional)
- Boil water in a saucepan with steamer and lid.
- Cut up broccoli into smaller pieces and steam quickly. Drain and cool
- In a small bowl mix tahini, apple cider vinegar and maple syrup together. If you like your dressing a little watery, I add more water or apple cider vinegar.
- Mix beetroot, sweet potato, rice, broccoli , pepitas and almonds.
- Place in bowl and apply dressing last and mix through. If my kimchi was a little more fermented, I would also put in some kimchi or sauerkraut into my salad.
Easy healthy left-over lunch. Yummo!
Stay curious. Stay healthy. Share.