Popcorn is a great snack, so much less fat than a bag of chips or other snacks that are high in fat, processed and high in sugar. The only issue with popcorn is that in excess it can still high in carbohydrates and calories. So watch your portion sizes.
I am sure most of you know how to make popcorn but for those who don’t, I have included a method. Try this lean version.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of organic popcorn kernels
- A sprinkle of Himalayan salt or nutritional yeast/savoury yeast
- Heat oil in saucepan or frying pan with a lid (I like a frying pan these days).
- Pour in popcorn kernels and place lid on top – shake pan occasionally
- Once popping start continue until you feel there is not more popping occurs. Shake the pan.
- Remove lid and pour into 4 – 6 bowls. Sprinkle on salt or nutritional yeast for flavour. Ready to eat.