I cook this recipe in bulk often doubling the batch and cooking up a big batch to freeze for lunches or easy dinners on the nights that I am really time poor. I recommend, that you make the recipe from scratch the first time then the next time play around with different vegetables and protein sources to add variety and cater more towards you and your families taste. Some alternative ingredients include Tuna, turkey mince, quinoa, lentils, eggplant, capsicum, spinach just to name a few.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 large carrot
- 1 small onion
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1/2 a sweet potato
- 1 egg
- 1 500g can of pink or red salmon
- 1/2-1 teaspoon of curry powder (can also add tumeric powder)
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- Bread crumbs or almond meal (gluten free) if mixture is too moist.
- Grate zucchini, carrots, onion into a bowl
- Boil potatoes and sweet potato or bake and allow to cool.
- Mash together potatoes, sweet potato but not too finely.
- Mix the mash potatoes, salmon, zucchini, carrots, onions, curry powder, egg, salt and pepper.
- Roll into patties if the mixture is too wet add bread crumbs or almond meal to dry out a little so that that the patties hold together.
- Shallow pan fry with coconut or olive oil or bake on tray in the oven at 200 degrees for 30mins.
Let cool and then freeze individually for lunches or dinners. Serve with vegetables, salad, quinoa or rice.
Stay curious. Stay healthy. Share.